If you like these posts, become a fan on Facebook. This is a collection of articles I found interesting and posted there over the past few weeks.
Here’s a bunch of great articles that I found over the summer, and I just remembered I never got around to posting them! For your reading enjoyment:
Productivity & Life Balance
- If you only read one of the articles here, pick this one: How to Rebuild Your Attention Span and Focus (LifeHacker). Some of the tips are totally contradictory to some conventional productivity wisdom (e.g., dual monitors)
Neuroplasticity is how your brain changes its organization over time to deal with new experiences. . . . Things like Inbox Zero or cutting down on meetings may be handy tricks, but they don’t take neuroplasticity into account. The bet there is that you have a finite amount of attention to spend, and that attention range isn’t changeable. That stuff is handy for making the best use of your limited attention span, but it’s not going to improve your attention span. It’s not going to stop your brain from being easily distracted or unfocused if you’ve already trained it to be that way.
- Office Organization Checklist (See Jane Work)
- Rethinking goals: the best goal is no goal (zen habits): “you have to open your mind to going places you never expected to go.”
- Sixteen Tips for Feeling Happier at Work (The Happiness Project)
- How to Discover Your Superpowers (Work Happy Now)
- Biz Ladies: Grace’s Tips for Staying Focused – for Bloggers and Business Owners (Design*Sponge) – she also uses the pomodoro technique!
- Biz Ladies: how I got started and how to make the leap to full time (Design*Sponge) (and check out more from the Biz Ladies series here)
- Video: Interview with Carley Roney of TheKnot.com (mediabistro)
- Downloadable Recycling Bin Labels (Poppytalk)
- Desk Roundup (Design*Sponge)
- Best of Book Storage (Design*Sponge)
Source: Bjorg Juto via Design*Sponge
- Desks with Handy Storage for Reference Books or Files (Jeri’s Organizing & Decluttering News)
Desk from VivaTerra
- Under $100 laptop bags + covers (Design*Sponge)
- Six Creative Magazine Holders (ReNest)
flickr - moline
Raina Kattelson (that print is a great motivator)